Warburton Township. Victoria, Australia 1912By Remembering the Past Australia / March 21, 2022 / Australia / 0 Comments
Warburton, Victoria, Australia
This image is part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives UK.
Gold mining commenced in the Upper Yarra at Britannia Creek at about the same time as gold was discovered at nearby Emerald for which a Discovery Award was paid in 1858. Yankee Jim’s Creek goldfield opened in 1859 and was renamed Warburton in 1863 after the Gold Warden for the district, Charles Warburton Carr.
Showing the township of Warburton in Victoria, Australia, in 1912. Original photo published 1912.
From the collection of: