Parliament House Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1939By Remembering the Past Australia / March 27, 2022 / Australia / 0 Comments
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
This image is part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives UK.
‘New’ Parliament House is historically significant as the home of the South Australian House of Assembly since 1889 and the Legislative Council since 1939. The building was also the venue for the intercolonial Postal and Telegraph Conference of May 1890 and the Australasian Federal Convention of 1897, which was the first of three conventions working to finalise an Australian constitution for a federation of the colonies. [Adelaidia]
Showing Parliament House Adelaide at the corner of North Terrace and King William Street. Boer War memorial statue of a mounted soldier. South Australia. Original photo published 1939.
From the collection of: