Insurance Chambers, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1876By Remembering the Past Australia / March 27, 2022 / Australia / 0 Comments
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
This image is part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives UK.
Designed by architect James MacGeorge, Insurance Chambers initially provided offices for merchants, land agents, a solicitor and the Kadina and Wallaroo Railway Co. By 1879 the South Australian Insurance Co. occupied the premises. The ground floor was converted into shops, and shop fronts were inserted into the façade in 1917. The building was demolished in 1953. [SA History Hub]
Showing the Insurance Chambers, Adelaide, South Australia. Original photo published 1876.
From the collection of: