Advertiser Buildings, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1876By Remembering the Past Australia / March 26, 2022 / Australia / 0 Comments
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
This image is part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives UK.
The first edition of The Advertiser rolled of the presses on July 12, 1858, when the settlement of South Australia was only 22 years old. Called The South Australian Advertiser, the newspaper consisted of four pages, each of seven columns, and sold at fourpence. It was edited, managed and published by Reverend John Henry Barrow.
Showing the Advertiser Buildings, Adelaide, South Australia. Original photo published 1876.
From the collection of: